1st Exhibition - Galeria JUP, Rua Miguel Bombarda, 2010







In this project, I answered to a small contest that this gallery did. I used works I already had developed in my 2nd year of multimedia, such as the first work from the 3rd year of the course. The first one is based in the work I did with the hands, and the rythm play, where, I read that play with those exact images (video - hands). I used a small black TV to show this work, because it fitted well; the other work was a bit conceptual - I used 7 empty bottles of wine and beer, and sang in each one the note of the music scale of Dó Maior, and close on top with some plastic; the idea was to keep in those bottles, my voice, and the respective note; in both works we can see that i use a lot, music, rythms, or sound in my projects, by using my little musical formation I had before; the third work, had a theme - the third hand- so we had to do something, that envolved other people, or animal, or space; it had to be influenced by a third thing. First of all, I used that theme, by joining lots of videos, made by myself, and other people, such as my friends, parents, sister etc, also joined some video works I did. With all of this videos, i joined them in Adobe Prémiere, by grouping them in columns, or rows, and the image of all of that, appeared to be a big image pixelized, but with tiny videos, in "each pixel"; all of those videos where running at the same time, and it gave the image a 3D idea. In this work, we had the presence of a third thing envolving my works, because most of the videos and caracters where friends, situations I had been, etc. After this situation, I had to thought about the ending of the work : the presentation. My idea,was to put a mirror in a space, and then project this videos, in the mirror. With this mechanism, I could obtain two images: one in the mirror but very ilumminated, and the other in the space we where; here I played with the fragmentation of the image, so I tried to put the projector towards the mirror doing that effect, in the following walls; this was another 3rd influence in my work; the final one, was the people who visited the gallery, or space where the work could be, that appeared also projected in their bodys with my work.



Images/video:

3rd hand idea













Some Videos from the 3 projects, in the exhibition.